Tuesday 21 March 2017

The annual "Stats Assessment" will be delayed a few days

It is with deep regret that I must inform you that the Annual Statistical Summary (ASS) report will be delayed a few days due to a real world business event that requires my attention.

I am well aware that the vast majority of your will be deeply disappointed by this news.  It is not lost upon me the majority of the participants don't really like painting minis and only sign on to feel part of the statistical aspects of this sacred endeavor.

Rest assured that I am working when I can on the summary.  Given the magnitude of Challenge VII's scale, I have had to look for alternative energy sources to power the calculation machines.  It's surprisingly difficult obtain nuclear materials for a home reactor if your not "properly" licensed by the government.  Difficult, but not impossible if one resorts to, ummm, non-traditional market sources.

There's a very slight chance that the security services of your respective countries may bring you in for questioning about these activities.  Given the covert nature of these transactions, I've used a set of aliases to cover my tracks.  It's kind of a funny story because I'm really not that creative so I just used the names of the other Challenge participants.

I do expect to be able to publish the stat by Saturday.


14 comments:

  1. Oooooh!! Such a disappointment!! Totally devastated XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I deeply regret the inconvienance. It's really all Ray's fault for reasons that I will make up later.

      Delete
    2. Appleogeez everyone, a cheque will be I the post later this week......

      Delete
  2. Blaming things on the Brits without the slightest evidence is all the rage south of the border these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's simply disgraceful - making us wait for the statistical analalalyses. Harrumph!

    Got to go, despite the whumping sound of the hovering helicopter I can hear someone ringing my doorbell...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am devistated by this, I always love and look forward to the stats review! Even though i think that you WAY undervalue the average figure price and our time, I view it as a great baseline of what was done. I just think that average figure price per 28mm should be more in the $5 range, and that you should at least allow min wage for painting time which is between $11 and $15 an hour depending on where you live, and I seriously doubt that anyone in this hobby makes less than at least a 2 times that, as its not cheap ( assuming everyone is adult and not living at home, if still teens and at home, then its easy to afford hobbies on a lower income).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delayed stats.... we need a new KPI for each challenge to see how long it takes to produce the stats and the mean and standard deviation from that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'Hmm, what are all these red dots floating on my chest? And what is that thwup, thwup, twup noise I'm hearing...?'

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can neither confirm nor deny any helicopter transportation over the last few days...if that red hatchback auto belonged to anyone, I can neither confirm nor deny....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh guys do let the man off easy, just having to compile all those stats must be punishment enough surely!

    ReplyDelete