Wednesday 15 March 2017

From TamsinP - All the SYW Russians (not for points)

A few people asked if I'd do a post to show off all the 15mm SYW Russians I've painted up during this Challenge, so I decided to do a quick pics post.


The stuff painted during this Challenge:

Just under 3 foot wide!






Discounting the 6 figures painted before the Challenge, that was 160 foot, 100 mounted, 2 limbers and 4 wagons. That has given me a very convincing lead in the side-duel (although AdamC, IanW and KenR could still overtake me if they've been frantically painting up a huge sandbag of figures). So, I've decided that I will paint up command stands for each of them.


Having got those figures out, I thought "why not take some pics of the whole army so far?". So I did:

Just under 4 foot wide!

Horse grenadiers, Cossacks, 1/3 of the infantry

Cuirassiers and 1/3 of the infantry

Final 1/3 of the infantry

Hussars and Dragoons

The army currently stands at:
14 general bases
4 grenadier regiments
20 line infantry regiments
5 cuirassier regiments
5 horse grenadier regiments
3 dragoon regiments
10 hussar regiments
6 Cossack regiments
6 artillery batteries (plus limbers and 2 spare guns - 1 light, 1 howitzer)
6 wagons

...and plans to keep growing it (as you do!).

ByronM: I am always amazed at how people can stay on task and get that much of one thing done.  I get a lot done, but always have issues getting a lot of one thing done, I find it far easier to bounce between things.  More power to you Tamsin for staying on target, and better yet they look awesome!

15 comments:

  1. Very inspiring Tamsin. That is a tremendous achievement and beautify to behold. I love seeing these 'what I managed during the Challenge' photos - it makes all the work worthwhile. Huzzah to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, all you need now is the entire Prussian army. A mere bagatelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic seeing them all together Tamsin, can't stop and chat got to get back to the biggest 15mm SYW Points Bomb ever seen ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent looking Tamsin, now you've got to get them all out at the same time for a battle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very impressive Tamsin. I've never painted an army of that scale or variety

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are downright gorgeous Tamsin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic looking bunch of Russians!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on this stellar achievement, Tamsin. Who are this fine boychiks going to go up against? Prussians? Turks? Do tell.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mighty impressive horde Tamsin. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing! Excellent stuff. Well done! cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Byron - thanks for posting this.I did actually bounce around a bit and paint other things in between batches, but it was still a slog. At least I've only got another 13 foot regiments left to paint (or 23 if I do Shuvalov's Corps of Observation as well). And more artillery and Cossacks of course. Oh, and I could always do the regiments that didn't take part in the SYW for some "what if?" actions against the Swedes, Ottomans, Tatars... :)

    @ Curt - cheers! There will be another "what I painted" photo with everything I've done once the Challenge is over! :)

    @ Martin - thanks, but I'll leave the Prussians for someone else. Maybe some Swedes or Ottomans, or even the Portugese? :)

    @ Ken - cheers! And yes, you must crack on with that points bomb! :)

    @ Ray - thanks! I fully expect to get them all out on the table soon - we should have a big bank holiday game at the club in a few weeks time :)

    @ Paul O'G - cheers! It's been a long, hard slog and it ain't over yet - plenty of regiments left to paint to fulfill my megalomania! :)

    @ Sander - thanks! :)

    @ Iain - cheers! :)

    @ Michael P - thanks Padre! For now, they'll mostly be going up against Prussians but I'm sure I can cajole someone at the club to produce some Ottomans; if not my next plan is to do the Swedes, perhaps for a post-SYW conflict :)

    @ Peter D - cheers! :)

    @ Brendan - thanks! :)

    @ Barks - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you very much for the photos, Tamsin! The ruskies look fantastic ranked up together! That is a mighty host!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome David and thanks! A mighty fine host indeed - watch out Fred! :)

      Delete