Monday 27 February 2017

From TamsinP: Some More 15mm SYW Russians (111 points)

A smaller entry than I'd hoped to submit this week, due to a combination of an annoying cold and nearing-the-end fatigue I think.

Anyway, on with the post. As the title suggests I've got some more 15mm Seven Years War Russians for you this week:




Prinz Fedorovich (or Altesse Imperiale) Cuirassier Regiment:






This is the 5th and final Russian cuirassier regiment that fought in the Seven Years War, and also the last of the regular cavalry for my army - Cossacks only from now on!

Pic of the box of regular cavalry:


So, that's five regiments of cuirassiers, five of horse grenadiers, three of dragoons and 10 of hussars. the Cossacks are in another box.


Kazanskiy Infantry Regiment:





I had a few unfortunate bayonet breakages with this batch of infantry - maybe the blades got left in some Prussian cavalry horses after a charge?

Lazodskiy Infantry Regiment:




As I was putting these away I spotted a bit of a booboo I'd made - I'd used the wrong flock! Oh well, maybe there in a slightly lusher part of the battlefield!

All the figures are from Essex and the flags are hand-painted in my usual impressionistic style.

Onto the scoring:
9 cavalry @ 4 points = 36
36 infantry @ 2 points = 72
3 flags @ 1 point = 3
Total = 111 points

I'm already past my total points from AHPC6 and this entry leaves me within spitting distance of my totals from AHPC3 and AHPC4 - my next submission will take me past them.

MilesR: I swear your 15's look better than my 28's - these are wonderfully painted, despite the horror of the wrong flock - lets blame Steve Harvey for that too.  First Miss USA, then last night's Oscars and now your very own flock-gate - that man is a terror.  Just tell your opponent you modeled these guys marching over a septic tank...

17 comments:

  1. This is going to be the biggest and bestest looking army. Love them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Tamsin. You can never have too many Russians for any period, can you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done. I like their ordered colorful look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful looking regiments Tamsin!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking Russians!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Turning into a cracking "little" army

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, lovely work Tamsin. Those heavy cavalry are especially brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice. Having looked at your work in the past on your blog, your Russian army must now be huge and it's all very nicely painted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful work, Tamsin! The horse is just a riot of color in the box! Hopefully you will spoil us with a group shot of your Russian Army so far! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Miles - thanks! Sadly they're on the wrong continent to be walking over a "septic tank" - that would have been the FIW ;)

    @ Martin - cheers! I'm sure there are larger armies out there :)

    @ Dave d - thanks! :)

    @ Greg B - cheers! The only thing better than a huge army of Russians is an even huger army of Russians :)

    @ John dtn - thanks! Not as colourful as some armies perhaps *looks at Adam's imaginations regiments* :)

    @ Christopher - cheers! :)

    @ Iain - thanks! :)

    @ Rod F - cheers! :)

    @ Barks - thanks! :)

    @ Ken R - cheers! It's still littler than it will be ;)

    @ Curt - thanks! :)

    @ Jamie M - cheers! :)

    @ Sado Sid - thanks! It is pretty big and still growing :)

    @ David B - cheers! The horse are definitely colourful compared to the constant green and red of the infantry :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely looking units Ms P. It's great to see the SYW so prominent this year.

    ReplyDelete