Monday 16 January 2017

From DaveD - Hump time (330 points)

Time for more camels, lots more camels.Here i present you the latest additions to the mahdist armies. There are 24 Perry camels and rider, and a further 9 I think are old Hinchcliffe castings - these have also had their spear soldered in place. The Hinchcliffe casts are old school chunky alright and I reckon one weighs the same as two of the Perry ones! So its 33 camels and riders for the Mahdi. Altogether this takes the mahdist camel forces to 82 in total. I was not going to do it - but 100 is such a "nice" number. I have a wargame show coming up so will be on the look out for reinforcements . This entry also puts me over half way to my challenge target .. over the hump!







and of course you wanted to see the all the Mahdi's camel troops don't you



MilesR: 33 Camels and riders?  This is a submission that feels more like it should go out on a Wednesday, not a Monday.  Get it "Wednesday cause it's "hump day" - I slay me.....

Wonderful minis - your Mahdist army is growing to a staggering size!



41 comments:

  1. Another great Sudan entry you display game will be truly impressive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a lot of camels. Really impressive looking. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... just about had enough of camels now though!

      Delete
  3. As I search for an hanky to use as a white flag I will ponder on the wonderousness of this herd of camels. Herd of camels, of course I've heard of camels

    ReplyDelete
  4. Continued amazing stuff Dave - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. TRAIN TO ZONE! CHOO CHOO . (Everquest players must remember the OOC shouts from BB!)
    That is quite the FLOCK of camels (I looked up the collective nouns for camels). By the way it is a "Bloat" for Hippos.. not sure I will ever find a use for that one though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 33 camels? Clint must be in heaven! ;)

    Nice work Dave and we all know that you will be buying the extra 18 to make a round 100 :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! It looks amazing, so much!
    Very good camels!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pure and utter madness!!! Great work Dave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the desert madness Ray...it's taken a firm hold

      Delete
  9. That is a staggering horde of camels! That last shot is off the hook! Well done Dave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers MrC .... wait til you see the video....

      Delete
  10. More fine additions to an incredible project - well done Dave

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work again Dave, I really hope I can get to a show where you have this lot out, unfortunately Hammerhead clashes with a ASL weekend in Blackpool so will be missing that one

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great flea bitten varmints Dave. Just what these Challenge needed - more Camels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. indeed .. what would it be without camels

      Delete
  13. And it's not even Wednesday! Terrific work, Dave, you clearly have the whole process down to a fine art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ev , certainly plenty of practice..

      Delete
  14. Brilliant stuff - I shall have to see if I can get along to a show when all these are on the table as I'll bet it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Camels! Oh so many camels, it's beautiful.

    Which show are you doing? Vapnartak?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will be at York , but not playing .. I do have a table booked for Hammerhead in March

      Delete
  16. Impressive work Dave! This project really has been amazing to follow through the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. at times it's been a bit of a grind ,, but then I get through it. Had you have enjoyed it too

      Delete
  17. Fabulous looking camels! One can never have enough of these beasts it seems to me.

    ReplyDelete