Wednesday 24 February 2016

From KeithS - A Pair of Warlords (10 pts)

Most of my weekend was spent either gaming or working on my nautical entry, but I did pop out these two guys in a little spare time.  They are both 28mm from Gripping Beast, one a warlord for my Saxon army and one for the Vikings for games of Saga.  I had originally thought to do the Viking in red and the Saxon in blue.  However, in my usual gung-ho fashion, without thinking I started the Saxon in red.  Being lazy, I finished him thusly and did the Viking the same.  So, they do look pretty similar, which was not the intent.  Oh well, I do like the figures.  GB does some great stuff.  I wish I got their stuff for my armies!


The shields are leftovers from my previous Viking/Saxon efforts.  They looked nicer than the GB ones.

Reverse angle.  I did manage to make sure the hair color was different, though it led to my age-old question: which are more likely to be blond, Vikings or Saxons?

The Viking.  He will go with the Mithril fig I painted a week or so ago, giving me two warlords to choose from, one in red and one blue.  Options are good.


A small entry for me, but a little forward progress.  My fleets are almost done for the nautical entry -- just waiting on my good friend Amazon Prime to deliver a fine-point opaque marker!

And a fine pair they are indeed sir!The shields really do set them off , Its always good to have a choice.

10 comments:

  1. Well done I like the yellow and back shield very nicesly done on both figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice pair of figures Keith :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking figures Keith. I like detailing on the Viking's helmet and the yellow jerkin under his chain mail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice warlords. Any dark age European army would be proud to have them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great figures - you can imagine them inspiring their men to charge the enemy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work Keith. I'm with Peter, I like that yellow edging detail on the one warlord. I really like GB as well. They don't look that special in raw metal but they're fantastic when painted-up. Try painting a 'firetouched' redhead for a bit of a change. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking warlords Keith!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice painting. The shields look good. Just in time as last night I saw the first episode of Season 4 of Vikings. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look grand, Keith! Good colors on them, but I'm partial to the fellow with the blue and white sheild.
    Isn't the big difference between Saxon and Vikings is one had boats?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice, very impressive work on the figures

    ReplyDelete