Monday 8 February 2016

For Monday - From PatG 8 28mm Mounted Martian Askaris (80 points)

After some issues last week with glue failure and primer not sticking, I finally have 8 mounted Martian askaris (or is that askarii?).  Editor's note the OED lists the plural as Askari (like fish) or Askaris.



These were a last minute purchase arriving after the competition started.  They mark a couple of bitter sweet moments. At 80 points, they bring my total to 620, well above my target of 500. More importantly, they mark the end of the figures and painting side of my Space 1889 project. Well - almost there is another unit in the queue but they are a re-paint and of course there are always bits and pieces that can be added to project, but after this unit, anything else is an indulgence.

Thanks to everyone in the challenge for the directly or indirectly pushing me across this particular finish line.  While work is about to get very busy, I'll be seeing if I can push my total a bit higher before the Challenge wraps up.

Pat I am continuing to love the old school Rafm wonders that you keep rolling out.  I am rather disappointed that you've almost run out of figures to paint, but pleased for you on hitting your two goals.  Do you wish to formally up your target, or just keep it as is and see where you end up?  


13 comments:

  1. Congrats on reaching your 1889 goal - I just wish you had more to share with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Tally ho, what!"

    Lovely work Pat and congrats on beating your target and completing a project :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to see the Challenge helping to get wonderful project like these off the table. Great work Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting sculpts Pat and well painted!

    Congratulations on exceeding your target and hope we get to see more from you before the end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Target reached and miniatures painted to add to the collection. Very awesome indeed. Congrats. Great looking bunch of mounted troops. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Space 1899 stuff has been (For me) one of the challenges nicest collections. I really have enjoyed seeing them each time. Now to dust of my space 1889 rules and reminisce

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on getting past your target and what a way to do it

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mighty fine cav squadron! Congrats on hitting your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like these a lot! Very humorous!

    ReplyDelete