Friday 13 March 2015

From RobP - The End of the Line (175 Points)

The end of the line: last entry for this year's Challenge.


This will be my last entry for this years challenge.. It is again a mixture of things I wanted to finish to complete some ongoing projects. With these points added to my total I will achieve my raised goal of 750 points; which is more than I expected at the start of the Challenge..

First up is a 28mm 6pounder A/T gun to support my CoC late war British platoon. I thought it was better not to rely on the PIAT within the platoon against armour but add a real tin-opener instead.



Gun and most of the crew are by Crusader; the NCO is a B.E.F. figure by Crouchy.



Next up are the last of my Mahdist Ansar to complete my foot warriors... A small unit of 10 riflemen. I no only have to paint some cavalry and a gun in order to complete this force before the next Sudan game. Figures are Perry plastics.


And yes MikeF, there are tufts on the bases.. :-))



With the Mahdists almost done I also started painting up some Brits, being inspired by some of the work seen during this Challenge. After a previous entry with some infantry I have now painted some Mounted Infantry. Figures are Empress and are actually from their Zulu range but I found these were so nice that I had to have them in my Sudan force. I also will paint the foot variants of these figures so I can use them in a dismounted role as well on the gaming table.




The last figure is the penny for the ferryman - the entry fee for Curt. I had no idea what to paint up so I went through the box with oddities once more to see what would fit the label..


I came up with this Foundry figure that was in a gift pack many years ago when I had placed a large order. I think it is some kind of Victorian vampire killer: wearing a cross, a bottle of holy water on his belt, a wooden stake and off course his gun with silver bullets.


Rogue, villain, hero or antihero.. Whatever the outcome, it will for sure find a place in Curt's cabinet.


From Curt:

A great final entry Rob! I really like that unit of British mounted infantry on the pill-shaped bases - very sharp.

With this last entry you've handily met your second Challenge target of 750 points  - Congratulations! We'll see if Mike and Jake will join you in the closing days of the event.

Finally, thank you very much for the Vampire Hunter! I think he has a certain Chris Christopherson look about him, which is very cool. An excellent addition to the Curtgeld display case. Again, thank you my friend!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely mix for your last entry. Thanks for some very nice paints, been fun following

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mixed bag for your final entries Rob and congrats on breaking 750 points :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff, I like the the mounted infantry.. I am looking at that option for mine too .. And I think you have just swung it for me..


    10 Mahdists... Must try harder ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. More Sudan, excellent! I hadn't thought of using Empress for MI, I was gonig to convert my mounted ones

    ReplyDelete
  5. More Sudan, excellent! I hadn't thought of using Empress for MI, I was gonig to convert my mounted ones

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very worthy final entry - all nicely painted and all very interesting - I especially like the Empress figures

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely painting once again Rob. Congratulations on reaching your second points target.

    ReplyDelete