Tuesday 10 March 2015

From PeterB - More Skeleton Warriors (130 points)

I managed to finish the rank and file figures for a second unit of Skeleton Warriors this week.  Once again, I'll be adding a metal command group in the near future.


I'm getting a little more consistent with the shading washes and I'm also finding that I'm getting the figures completed a lot quicker now.

I decided to add a highlight to the bronze on the shields with this unit, I think I prefer this to the shields on the previous unit.  Once the Challenge is complete I'll probably go back and highlight the shields on the previous unit to match them in.


My next two units are skeleton cavalry, I'll try and get at least one of these completed before the end of the Challenge.  In the meantime, here's a shot of the army so far, the unit with the extra shield highlight is on the left and stands out more than the one on the right.


13 comments:

  1. AWESOME! Can you still find these skelies? Such an excellent project! Nice one Peter. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brendon, they do come up on ebay from time to time. I'm enjoying building and painting them as the sculpts are very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great additions to an already great project, your right about the new finish on the shields

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only I was still playing warhammer.... they are really good. I Must not get side-tracked by pretty figures AND Repeat. I must not get side-tracked by pretty figures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab work on these skellies Peter :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! Those skellies look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really can't get enough of these guys. That army shot is wonderful. Hope to see those cavalry before the end of the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much character, love those.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the kind words everyone, the first cavalry unit should be ready before the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking skellies. I do think the bronze helps them pop. Your basing for these is also great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sean, I do prefer the highlighted bronze vs the previous shields. I'll do all the shields in this way going forwards.

      Delete
  11. Make sure to get a group shot, great work!

    ReplyDelete