Sunday 25 January 2015

The Fourth Bonus Theme: 'Myth' is Now Open


Our next theme is 'Myth'. I've really had fun looking over the entries as they came in over the past few days. When you get over to the theme gallery you'll be treated to a bewildering assortment of personalities, gods and monsters all fitting each hobbyist's idea of 'myth'.

I'm going to perform a bit of an experiment and and publish each entry as its own post. This way visitors can leave comments on any entries they choose to. This has been something that has been bothering me since I started the theme rounds last year, that being the unintentional neutralizing effect of placing everyone's submissions in one post. A lot of people put an incredible amount of work in their theme submissions and it seems a shame that viewers can't easily pick them out for special comment. This new format is to see if this can be addressed.

Anyway, we'll give it a go and see how it pans out.

Please remember to take the time to vote for all your favourite entries on the right panel survey.

Thanks and enjoy the submissions!

17 comments:

  1. Thanks Curt, that must have taken a lot longer to sort than the one post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit it was a bit fiddly but I like the final result with everyone getting their own post.

      Delete
  2. Cheers Curt. Good idea but I bet it was big job. Once again a spectacular set of submissions

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is an excellent idea Curt. This year we have quite a crop of talented painters who are putting forth a tremendous effort. It is easy to scroll quickly through them all without stopping to appreciate each piece. And being able to comment on each piece will allow us to support the people who worked so hard.

    I'm going to take my time with this before I make any decisions about my vote. Giving each piece careful consideration. I will be back on and off for the next 24 hours!

    Your time and effort is greatly appreciated by us all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this was a great idea Curt and what a fantastic series of entries. I was really impressed with them all.

    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an offhand comment from AdamC that pushed me to address this - so thanks to Adam for nudging the iceberg!

      Delete
    2. If people want to thank me by voting for my entry that would be fine 😉 but seriously I am just happy we can all get feedback on entries I know we have all put a little extra into.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the reorganised version, Curt - so, here we go... Into the Realm of Myth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for giving this approach a try...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazingly cool entries. Great idea to post individual submissions. More work for the Curt though. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good idea, I didn't want to bring it up as it seemed like a lot of extra work for you, but thanks for doing it !;-)

    Did I miss your entry, or did you skipped this one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, work was crazy so I couldn't make the submission date (and I really wanted to get my current RCW entry off my desk).

      Delete
  9. Great imagination, and execution on display I must say..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Curt - great idea to do individual posts for each entry, but perhaps it would be helpful for people voting to have a summary post with one pic from each and links to the individual posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah or maybe a thumbnail picture with the entry in the survey, I have no idea if that is even possible... or how much work it is.

      Delete
    2. Those would be nice additions for sure, but I'm not wild on the attendant work. The themes (and attendant poll) take several hours to organize as it is and frankly I'm not too wild on adding any more complication to the process. I think people can click back and forth to make their list before casting their votes.

      I think I need an executive assistant...

      Delete
  11. Another great idea from you. Yes, I have missed to be able to write about a particular entry lastly but I think it can result in a lot of work for you!

    ReplyDelete