Thursday 25 December 2014

From MikeP - Santa Viking and Wishing You A Merry Christmas (10 points)


This fellow was going to be my Cold entry but time got away from me.  At least he's ready for Christmas.  He's one of those bonus figures that Wargames Foundry like to ship with orders, a grumpy looking Viking chieftain looking suspiciously like Santa.  I wouldn't want to be on his naughty list.


Please forgive the crap pictures.  At least he made it on time to join me in wishing all my Challenge friends a very merry Christmas.


From Curt:
Ah, a wonderful vignette Mike and thank you so much for the Christmas well wishes - I wish the very best to  you and yours this holiday season.   
I really like the winter forest setting with the fallen tree, frost and ice. Actually, I think I saw this guy at the edge of our park this morning - which probably explains the pile of coal in the living room...
I say extra points for Grumpy Santa on Christmas!

17 comments:

  1. Fantastic vignette. Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful scene - I wouldn't want to be on this Santa's Naughty list!

    Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work! One of the best Foundry Viking minis :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent vignette! The bonus points are well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant figure. I don't think he looks grumpy at all - just rather cold (although he should be used to it).

    Pip pip

    ReplyDelete
  6. A most festive entry Michael! The basing is wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly a fun and excellent version of our favourite Laplander. Saga will not be the same if you field him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it, hope you had a very Merry Christmas

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very appropriate, and festive, vignette for Christmas Day.
    Great work, the job's a good 'un, as they say.

    Seasons Greetings and All The Very Best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking Father Christmas! Wouldn't want to tug his beard! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas, Mike! Having watched the Doctor Who Christmas Special last night, I think you've nicely captured Nick Frost as Santa from that show! And great job on the figure & vignette overall.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Right on time. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merry blooming Christmas - puts me in mind of the animated short film based on the Raymond Briggs story.
    Grumpy Santa indeed

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you all, I'm glad you liked Grumpy Santa. I gave that mini to a dear friend as a Christmas present, which made me feel even better about the whole thing.
    I hope Happy Santa (vice Grumpy Santa) visited you all over Christmas, even Curt and his supposedly cold heart.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful work Padre. I hope you had a splendid Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Viking Santa - freaking brilliant. Great work.

    ReplyDelete